Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fuzzy, Fuzzy Buns

Taking Charlotte to the groomer for the first time was a huge milestone for both of us. One of my friends interviews groomers before taking her Yorkie. She makes sure they understand her breed of dog, how to cut the hair of a small dog and even if they will express his anal gland. (eeewwwww!) If her groomer passes that test, then she is good enough for Charlotte.


Overtaken by Fur

I took Charlotte to meet Carla. Carla immediately fell in love with her. They got to know each other and I admired the two pups hanging out waiting for their moms. They were all cute, fluffy and clean. I left Charlotte and went to lunch.

Two hours later I got a call from Carla to come pick up Charlotte. Anxiously, I asked her how it went.

"Oh, she's such a good girl! I can tell you've been working with her." Wow, really? Maybe all of the training I was doing was actually making a difference.

Cute and Clean


I walked into the groomer's room to pick up my little girl and I barely recognized her. I could actually see her eyes. She looked like a little lady. She was even more beautiful and looked less puppy.

On the drive home she poked her head out the window and looked so happy. Then she peed on Barry's lap. Still a puppy afterall.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a difference a haircut makes! She almost looks like two completely different dogs in the pictures. And anal glands...be thankful that you have someone to do it for you. Having to do that with Nala was traumatizing for both of us.

    ReplyDelete